US EB-3 VISA: A Quick Guide
The US is one of the most popular countries that people wish to immigrate to. Dreaming about living in the US is something almost everyone does at least once in their life. There are many ways one can make this dream come true; the US EB-3 visa is one such option.
The US EB-3 visa enables an applicant to gain a green card through sponsorship by an employer in the US. It is a green card for employees who are professionals, skilled workers, and unskilled workers. M-J Global has been assisting aspiring individuals through the US visa application process for years now, making innumerable dreams come true!
To learn more, read the following sections, where we have gathered all the information you will need to get a comprehensive understanding of the visa!
- What is the US EB-3 Visa?
- What are the US EB-3 requirements?
- Labor certification process
- What is the US EB-3 Visa Application Process?
- What are its benefits?
What is the US EB-3 Visa?
- Skilled workers: Workers who have at least two years of work experience or training.
- Professionals: People who can demonstrate a higher academic status or something similar.
- Unskilled workers: People with less than two years of professional experience or training.
The volume of EB-3 visas given each year is limited. The EB-3 category receives 28.6% (over 400,000) of the overall 140,000 immigrant visas issued.
What are the US EB-3 Visa requirements?
To be able to apply for the EB-3 visa, there are some eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled. This visa does not have the same stringent rules as other green cards, such as the EB-1 and EB-2. As a result, your chances of acquiring it are higher if you don’t mind the waiting list.
There are two requirements that are common to all the categories that come under the EB-3 visa. One is that the work you are applying for has no qualified US workers available, and the other is that you have the correct labor certification along with a permanent and full-time job offer from your employer.
Let’s take a look at some of the requirements category wise
|Skilled Workers||At least 2 years of job experience or training|
|Professionals||Proof that you have a U.S. baccalaureate degree or its equivalent. This degree must be a necessity for entry into the occupation.|
|Unskilled Workers||Must be able to perform unskilled labor (at the time of filing the petition), that is not of a temporary or seasonal nature with less than 2 years of training or experience|
Labor certification process
The PERM Labor Certification process is a necessity that every petition under the EB-3 has to go through. It is something that needs to be cleared by a US-based employer before putting out information about the employment opportunity.
The US Department of Labor will require the potential employer to complete a test during PERM. This test is intended to establish that there are no eligible or available workers in the United States who could perform the same job.
An advertisement will be placed in a major newspaper on Sundays about the job. The appropriate State Workforce Agency would be notified of the open position. Further, the employment ad will be prominently displayed on the company’s website and location.
The Department of Labor processes the employer’s application based on the requirements mentioned above. They will let the potential employer know of their decision and pass the Labor Certificate if approved.
What is the US EB-3 Visa Application Process?
The application has quite a few steps. These are steps that M-J Global can easily guide you through, thanks to our experience in handling the EB-3 visa application process seamlessly! The details below will give you a brief idea of each step.
- I-140 Petition- After acquiring the labor certificate, your employer will have to file a petition on your behalf, with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). This is done by submitting the Form I-140. The petition will have information about. The petition details the EB-3 visa category, the petitioner, the recipient, and the job, along with the financial data of the petitioner to establish their capacity to pay the recipient.
- Form DS-261: You have to fill out Form DS-261 (Online Choice of Address and Agent), which will ask you to provide your details. The submission of the form notifies the US Embassy in your home country that you are applying for an EB-3 visa. Once this has been processed, you will get a confirmation email. You should have confirmation before scheduling a visa appointment at your nearest US Embassy.
- Medical- You would need to get a health certificate from a doctor approved by the National Visa Center(NVC). The doctors have to make sure that you are healthy and have all the required vaccinations.
- Visa application- Apart from the authorized labor certificate, I-140 certificate, and Form DS-261, you must also provide your passport, medical records, job contract, academic records, resume, criminal records, and a photograph.
- Visa interview- An interview with a US consular officer will be organized for you. The materials you provided will be scrutinized during this interview. This information will be used by the consular officer to assess whether you should be granted an EB-3 visa.
- Arrival in the United States- You will be given an EB-3 visa if the consular official approves your application. This means you can enter the US as a green card holder. You will be able to work in the United States and will be subject to the same obligations as a permanent resident.
What are its benefits?
Apart from the fact that you will get to live and work in a place that is everyone’s dream, you have a few more benefits that you can enjoy through the EB-3 visa. One of them is that you can bring your family along with you to the US. Your children can access schools and colleges in the country. Your legal spouse could also start working in the US after completing their
Employment Authorization Documents (EAD) or obtaining their green card.
The EB-3 visa could be your gateway to the land of dreams. Although US visa approval usually comes with a long waiting period, considering there are only a limited number of applications that are issued every year, we are here to make that process easier for you! M-J Global offers immigration consultancy and services in Oman, Dubai, and Qatar. Get in touch with us to find out how you can make your application strong and unrejectable, and pack your bags for the US of A! You can also apply for the visa here.