Dominica is one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean. The capital of Dominica is Roseau. They are a mountainous Caribbean island country with lush jungles and hot springs. Dominica is a former British colony and a member of the Commonwealth of Nations, the UN, the Organization of American States, CARICOM, and other international organizations.
About Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program
The Dominica Economic Citizenship Program was established in 1993. The CBI program legally offers individuals and families worldwide irrevocable second citizenship and passport in only four to six months with no visit to the country required.
As a citizen of Dominica, you can partake in a wealth of opportunities and experiences, including:
- Living in a peaceful and welcoming country for life, in the knowledge that you have contributed to its prosperity through outstanding citizenship by investment program
- Becoming part of a global community that transcends Dominica’s land borders
- Global mobility, including visa-free travel to over 120 countries and territories, from Singapore and Hong Kong to the European Union and the United Kingdom
- Minimal taxation – no wealth, gift, inheritance, foreign income, or capital gains tax
- Full residence status, with the right to live and work in Dominica if you so choose to
- The ability to hold multiple citizenships
- The freedom to live abroad if you are legally able to under the laws of your host nation, as there is no requirement to reside in Dominica before or after citizenship is granted
Dominica is one of the happiest locations to live in the world providing a serene existence inside a safe, peaceful, and immaculate environment as well as a culturally active and welcoming society. The country boasts a high number of centurions (those who have lived to be older than 100 years).
One of the most beautiful places on earth is the “Nature Island of the Caribbean,” a tropical paradise. It is a very beautiful place, full of countless rivers and waterfalls, steep mountains draped in greenery, and towering cliffs that overhang the blue sea.
Boiling Lake is the world’s second-largest hot spring which is home to many rare plants and animal species, including their national bird and symbol, the Sisserou Parrot. The clear and calm sea offers spectacular dive and snorkeling sites, including shipwrecks and even underwater hot springs.
The Morne Trois Pitons National Park in Dominica is another tourist attraction. It was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1998. Dominica has actively contributed to Green Globe’s efforts since 1997 to create a framework for ecotourism on the island.
Business Advantages of Dominican Citizenship
The Government of Dominica provides a number of fiscal and other concessions that aim to make doing business on our island even more attractive. These include generous tax holidays, import duty and tax waivers, and streamlined processes. A list of business advantages is available below:
- Minimal taxation – no wealth, gift, inheritance, foreign income, or capital gains tax and no personal income tax for residents
- Dominica is a signatory of double taxation treaties with the USA and the CARICOM
- There is no restriction on the repatriation of profits and imported capital
- Generous incentive packages include corporate tax incentives, full exemption from import duties, tax relief benefits, and export allowance
- The currency, the East Caribbean dollar (XCD), is pegged to the US dollar (USD) at a fixed rate
- Access to several markets duty-free across the Caribbean
Passport holders from the Dominican Republic can use them to go abroad and take advantage of the numerous visa-free travel agreements that the country’s government has made with its allies throughout the world . Major hubs accessible to travellers with a Dominican passport include the Schengen Area of European countries, Singapore, Hong Kong, and the United Kingdom, with whom Dominica has a long history of diplomatic relations.
Those who are granted citizenship through investment and subsequently apply for a Dominican passport can visit more than 125 countries without a visa or with one granted at the airport.
To be eligible for citizenship of the Commonwealth of Dominica under its Citizenship by Investment Programme, you must make:
- A contribution to the Economic Diversification Fund (EDF) amounting to a minimum of USD 100,000 for a single applicant, and increasing depending on the number of dependants included in the application;
- An investment in designated real estate with a value of at least USD 200,000.
The Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica invites investments that will generate sustained economic growth and prosperity, and create jobs and business opportunities for the people of Dominica. The Government is committed to continuing to provide the legislative and administrative framework, and fiscal and technical support, necessary to encourage your investments and attain these goals. Dominica is creating modern, diversified, sustainable, and resilient economic structures to meet the demands of a highly competitive global environment.
Watch our video
Follow M-J Global
Get in touch
Would you like to speak to one of our immigration expert over the phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer.