The country of New Zealand is made up of 2 main islands in the southwest Pacific Ocean, both of which have volcanoes and glaciers. Te Papa Tongarewa, the sizable national museum, is located in Wellington, the North Island’s capital city. In Peter Jackson’s “Lord of the Rings” films, Wellington’s spectacular Mount Victoria, together with the South Islands’ Fiordland and Southern Lakes, served as a stand-in for the fabled Middle Earth.
About New Zealand Residency by Investment Program
This three-year work visa is structured in two stages
- Start-up stage: If your application is approved, you will initially be given a 12-month work visa, enabling you to buy or establish your business in New Zealand.
- Balance stage: Once you have proven that you have taken steps to establish your business, you’re granted the remaining 24 months of your visa.
Requirements for this visa include
- Minimum capital investment of NZ $100,000 (excluding working capital)
- 120 Points or more, with points awarded for factors about the likely success of the business and its value to New Zealand
- Clear business plan
- Clean recent history of bankruptcy, business failure and fraud
- Health, character and English language requirements.
Self-employed’ is…Lawful, active, full-time involvement in the management and operation of a business in New Zealand which you have established, purchased, or made a substantial investment. Self-employment does not include involvement of a passive or speculative nature.
Residence for entrepreneurs
If you have built a high-growth, innovative firm with export potential in New Zealand, you may qualify for the Entrepreneur Residence Category, which allows you to live permanently in New Zealand. Under this policy, there are two ways to be eligible for residence.
- Entrepreneur Residence Category (2 years) – Requires you to have successfully established or purchased a business in New Zealand and have been self-employed in that business for at least two years, and for your business to have significantly benefited New Zealand.
- Entrepreneur Residence Category (6 months) – This option provides a faster track to residence if you have invested at least NZ$500,000 in your business and have created a minimum of three new full-time jobs for New Zealand citizens or residents.
Under both options, you need to meet health, character, and English language requirements.
Family is included
Partners and dependent children can be granted work and student visas if they are accompanying the holder of an Entrepreneur Work Visa to New Zealand. They can also be included in an Entrepreneur Residence Visa application.
Watch our video
Follow M-J Global
Get in touch
Would you like to speak to one of our immigration expert over the phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer.