Top Tastes of Budapest
As a leading immigration consultancy, M-J Global recommends trying these ten must-have cuisines in Budapest, Hungary. With its rich history and diverse culture, Hungary offers a unique culinary experience. Here are the best places to eat these cuisines:Tastes of Budapest
- Goulash – A traditional Hungarian dish made with beef, vegetables, and spices. The best place to try Goulash is at Kispiac Bisztro in the city center.
- Langos – A popular street food in Hungary made of fried dough topped with various ingredients like cheese, garlic, and sour cream. Head to Retro Langos Bufe for the best Langos in Budapest.
- Chimney Cake – A sweet pastry made of dough wrapped around a cylinder and baked on a spit. The best place to try Chimney Cake is at Molnar’s Kurtoskalacs on Vaci Street.
- Fisherman’s Soup – A spicy soup made with various freshwater fish and paprika. Head to Halaszbastya Restaurant for the best Fisherman’s Soup in Budapest.
- Strudel – A pastry made of thin layers of dough filled with sweet or savory ingredients. The best place to try Strudel is at Retesvar for traditional Hungarian flavors.
- Lángos Burger – A modern twist on the traditional Lángos with a burger patty and toppings. Head to Lángos Papa for the best Lángos Burger in Budapest.
- Stuffed Cabbage – A classic Hungarian dish made with meat and rice rolled in cabbage leaves and served with a sour cream sauce. The best place to try Stuffed Cabbage is at Fulemule in the city center.
- Töltött Káposzta Soup – A soup made with the same ingredients as Stuffed Cabbage but in a broth form. Head to Kádár Étkezde for the best Töltött Káposzta Soup in Budapest.
- Kürtőskalács – A sweet pastry similar to Chimney Cake but with a different shape and texture. The best place to try Kürtőskalács is at Street Food Karavan in the Jewish Quarter.
- Palacsinta – A Hungarian version of the pancake filled with sweet or savory ingredients. Head to Pancake Budapest for the best Palacsinta in the city.
Budapest’s food scene is constantly evolving, and these ten must-have cuisines are just the beginning. M-J Global recommends trying these dishes and many more to truly experience the diverse and delicious food culture of Budapest, Hungary.