Canada is a North American country stretching from the U.S. in the south to the Arctic Circle in the north. Major cities include massive Toronto, west coast film centre Vancouver, French-speaking Montreal and Quebec City, and capital city Ottawa. Canada’s vast swaths of wilderness include lake-filled Banff National Park in the Rocky Mountains. It’s also home to Niagara Falls, a famous group of massive waterfalls.
Saskatchewan Farm Owners/Operators Stream
This category is aimed at individuals with experience in farming who wish to purchase and operate a farm in Saskatchewan.
It also includes a stream aimed at young farmers wishing to establish in the province.
Successful candidates are issued permanent residence directly. Certain candidates can enter Saskatchewan on a temporary work permit while their PR application is processed.
What Are The Requirements For The Farm Owners/Operators Stream?
- Net worth of $500,000;
- Deposit of $75,000 with the province, refundable upon meeting the terms of a performance agreement with the province;
- Exploratory visit to Saskatchewan prior to the application;
- Documented farm operation knowledge and experience;
- Practical, well-thought-out proposal for a commercial Saskatchewan farming opportunity.
What Are The Requirements For The Young Farmer Stream?
- Minimum net worth of $300,000;
- Under the age of 40 at the time of application;
- Minimum of 3 years experience in farm ownership, management or practical farming;
- Make a viable proposal for a commercial farming opportunity in Saskatchewan with a reasonable expectation of profit;
- Have other marketable skills that will supplement a farming income;
- Conduct an exploratory visit prior to the application.
Watch our video
Follow M-J Global
Get in touch
Would you like to speak to one of our immigration expert over the phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer.