Canada is a North American country stretching from the U.S. in the south to the Arctic Circle in the north. Major cities include massive Toronto, west coast film centre Vancouver, French-speaking Montreal and Quebec City, and capital city Ottawa. Canada’s vast swaths of wilderness include lake-filled Banff National Park in the Rocky Mountains. It’s also home to Niagara Falls, a famous group of massive waterfalls.
Owner Operated LMIA Program
The program is called Owner Operated Labour Market Impact Assessment . This is a program through which we can get additional 200 or 50 points to your CRS score in the express entry pool system.
Express entry needs 67 points to be eligible for application. The points are awarded based on age, education, work exp, IELTS etc. After this the profile is submitted and it goes into express entry pool that is out of 600 points. Majority of the profiles score in the range of 280 to 400 points. Currently the ITA or in other words the invitation to apply is issued at 465 and above which makes it impossible for the other profiles to get invited . Through the OOLMIA we can get additional 200 points added to the CRS making the primary applicant easily ready for ITA.
The OOLMIA can be process by doing ANY of the below mentioned activity.
1. Buy a 51% share of a company that is already running (approx. CAD 120,000 of investment). Its a passive investment where one does not involve in the day to day running of the business.
2. OR, Buy 100% share of a running company ranging from CAD 80,000 and upwards and get involved in day to day ops. This is an active investment where one has to run the business and be actively involved in the running of the business.
3. OR, Showing a business concept with a minimum investment plan of CAD 100,000
By doing any of the above activities the LMIA officer will award 200 or 50 points.
You can check your CRS scores on this link https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Owner Operator LMIA & FSW Processing Steps
- Applicant fills out the M-J GLOBAL Questionnaire
- Applicant provides M-J GLOBAL with 3 potential Company Names
- M-J GLOBAL prepares required corporate documents
- M-J GLOBAL prepares business plan
- Applicant proceeds with Educational Credential Assessment and the taking of IELTS (If not done already)
Apply for owner operator LMIA under temporary foreign worker program Package includes:
- Labour market impact application – high wage position
- Business plan
- Certificate of incorporation
- Notice of articles
- Incorporation agreement
- Central Securities Register
- Register of Directors
- Federal Business Number
- Evidence showing applicant’s financial capability
2-3 months Interviewed by Service Canada -> submit lease agreement
– Applicant receives a positive owner operator LMIA which gets expired in 6 months time.
– Prior to this date, applicant must submit their Work Permit or Permanent Residency.
– Applicant creates and updates their Express entry with additional 50 (for NOC 0-management, A-professional, B-techinical/trade) or 200 (for NOC 00-senior management) for under arranged
– Applicant receives an invite to apply for permament residency under the Federal Skilled Workers (FSW)
– Applicants gathers all documents to apply for permanent residency.
within 6 months applicant arrives in Canada
Watch our video
Follow M-J Global
Get in touch
Would you like to speak to one of our immigration expert over the phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer.