Greece is a country in southeastern Europe with thousands of islands throughout the Aegean and Ionian seas. Influential in ancient times, it’s often called the cradle of Western civilization. Athens, its capital, retains landmarks including the 5th-century B.C. Acropolis citadel with the Parthenon temple. Greece is also known for its beaches, from the black sands of Santorini to the party resorts of Mykonos.
Greek Residency Law 4332/2015 In Bullet Points
- Minimum investment amount will be a minimum of €250,000 per family
- The Investor has the legal right to apply for both permanent residence and citizenship after seven years of residency
- The investor may also give residency to all family members including spouse, children (up to 21 years of age), parents and spouse’s parents
- If the investor sells their property to a foreign citizen, the residency permit will also be transferred to the new owner together with the property
- The investor is free to establish a business in Greece
- The investor and their family are under no obligation to remain in Greece in order to maintain the right to residency
- Residency permit holders can travel freely throughout the Schengen Area
Summing up, Greek residency is granted immediately upon the purchase of a property or properties in Greece to the minimum value of 250,000. This residency must be reapplied for every five years, but is credited to the holder so long as they remain owners of the property they purchased, or of a new property of equal or greater value. After seven years of continued residency, an individual is eligible to apply for full Greek citizenship.
The Greek residency permit is valid for travel throughout Western Europe’s 26-nation Schengen Area and allows the holder the same options for living and working within the E.U. However when it comes down to the amount of visa-free travel beyond the Schengen Zone, that will still be limited by the quality of the card-holders original passport.
- Investment Required € 250,000 in Real Estate
- Source of funds should be Legal
- No minimum education is required
- Applicant must be over 21 years
- Children below 21 years & parents & parents(Maternal/Paternal) above 65 years can be included
- Should not have any criminal record and serious medical condition
Watch our video
Follow M-J Global
Get in touch
Would you like to speak to one of our immigration expert over the phone? Just submit your details and we'll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer.